- This event has passed.
Chugiak Bear Aware – POSTPONED
April 2, 2020 @ 5:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Check back soon for updates and rescheduled course dates!
Safely Enjoy the Alaskan Wilderness!
Classroom Session – Becoming Bear Aware
– Intro to Alaska’s unique wild aspects – Life and recreation in bear country
– DVD presentation – bear behavior and situational response
– Bear biology – identification, habits, and instinct
– Situational awareness, preemptive planning
– Do’s and Don’t in bear country
– Pepper Spray – answering the question, “is it enough for bear defense”
– Live fire inert pepper spray – a comprehensive hands-on training opportunity
– Brief overview of firearms for bear defense
– Overview of state law and regulations regarding pepper and lead for defense
– Questions and Answers
Course Length: 4 Hours
Course Includes: Training packet, field identification tools, inert pepper spray canister for live fire practice, certificate of completion
Part 1 of 2, take both courses and receive a 10% discount!