- This event has passed.
Basic Bolt Rifle 100yds-200yds – OPEN
May 20 @ 5:30 pm - 9:30 pm$150.00
Bolt Rifle Foundations
4 hours of comprehensive training helping you master the bolt rifle platform. Build solid foundations for future shooting goals, learn a new caliber or reticle, lose an accuracy preventing habit, sight in a new rifle, get ready for a hunt, or prep for Mid Range Practical Rifle later in June – Join us for this informative class!
– Sight In / Scope adjustment
– Building a shooter’s platform / Basic accuracy
– Basics of benchrest shooting – 25 – 200 yards
– Basic ballistics – understand accuracy and how to achieve consistency
– Rifle familiarity / Positional shooting
– Rifle maintenance overview
– Bolt action Rifle and all available magazines if applicable
– Scoped optic, or open sights
– 60 rounds of factory loaded ammo – no reloads please
– Range appropriate clothing – sturdy footwear, brimmed hat, wind / waterproof layers
– Eye and ear protection
– Rifle rests and sand bags
– Sight in / maintenance tools
– Targets and backers, steel targets
– Instruction / backup rifles
2 shooters sharing a rifle can take this course together at no additional course charge. Range fees may apply.