- This event has passed.
Basic Carbine 101 – Classroom – FULL
June 21, 2019 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm$175.00
This two-part course will take you through every element you’ll find necessary when building a solid foundation of safety and function with a carbine rifle.
The classroom portion will cover parts, pieces, and basic rifle operation. Dry fire practice, take down, proper cleaning technique, and troubleshooting basics confirm the foundational understanding of how it works and why.
Range day finds us understanding the sight in process, multiple types of reloads, malfunction clearing, and basic accuracy from your respective point blank out to 50 yards. Which then leads into a fun filled session of active shooting drills to lock in new-found skills.
This course benefits the first time carbine shooter as well as the experienced. Tips on Alaska state law, the use of carbines for home and personal defense, and the legality of hunting with a carbine are shared. Personal equipment required. No previous experience necessary.
– Personal Firearm and at least 3/ 30rnd magazines
Lower capacity magazines: required round count on body is 90 rounds – plan accordingly
– A magazine pouch holding at least 1 magazine at belt level. (tactical or cargo style pants with pockets accommodating extra magazines are highly recommended)
– at least 300 rounds factory ammunition – no reloads please
– 2 point sling – call if otherwise equipped
– Open sights, red dot or low power optic – low power maximum 3 power (ie: 3-9×40, 1.5-4×20, etc)
– Snacks, water bottle, anything needed for several hours in classroom and on an outdoor range
– Eye and ear protection
– Knee pads
– Cleaning Kits
– Speed mag loader for AR magazines in .223 / 5.56