- This event has passed.
Bear Aware – FULL
April 20, 2021 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Private Course- currently full
Multi-media presentation teaches understanding, identification, avoidance, and everything you’ll ever need to know about pepper spray for bear defense. This interactive course gets you ready to safely enjoy the Alaskan Wilderness!
Classroom Session – Becoming Bear Aware – Part 1 of 2
– Intro to Alaska’s unique wild aspects – Life and recreation in bear country
– DVD presentation – bear behavior and situational response
– Bear biology – identification, habits, and instinct
– Situational awareness, preemptive planning
– Do’s and Don’t in bear country
– Pepper Spray – answering the question, “is it enough for bear defense”
– Live fire inert pepper spray – a comprehensive hands-on training opportunity
– Brief overview of firearms for bear defense
– Overview of state law and regulations regarding pepper and lead for defense
– Questions and Answers
Part 1 of 2, take just one, or take both courses and receive a 15% discount!
Total Course Length: 3 hours
– Field identification tools
– Inert pepper spray canister for live fire practice
– Certificate of course completion