- This event has passed.
Becoming Bear Aware – OPEN
March 15 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm$55.00
Safely Enjoy the Alaskan Wilderness!
Classroom Session – Becoming Bear Aware – Part 1 of 2
– Intro to Alaska’s unique wild aspects – Life and recreation in bear country
– DVD presentation – bear behavior and situational response
– Bear biology – identification, habits, and instinct
– Situational awareness, preemptive planning
– Do’s and Don’t in bear country
– Pepper Spray – answering the question, “is it enough for bear defense”
– Live fire inert pepper spray – a comprehensive hands-on training opportunity
– Brief overview of firearms for bear defense
– Overview of state law and regulations regarding pepper and lead for defense
– Questions and Answers
Course Length: 3 Hours
Course Includes: Training packet, field identification tools, inert pepper spray canister for live fire practice, certificate of completion
Part 1 of 2, take both courses and receive a 10% discount!