Firearms for Bear Defense – OPEN
March 12 @ 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm$150.00
– Range safety and course outline
– State law and regulations regarding pepper and lead for defense
– Basic Ballistics – what makes a gun a “bear gun”
– Rifles and bear defense
– Overview of three common “bear guns” Shotgun, Revolver, Pistol
– Building a shooter’s platform that’s both effective and supportive to bear defense
– Holsters – overview
– Breakout session – shoot up to 6 common bear guns with both practice ammo and bear loads if desired
– Bear defense qualification course with the gun of your choice (three reps allowed per shooter)
– Range fee
– Firearms for live fire training – shotgun and handgun,
– Interactive bear targets,
– Eye and ear protection,
– Course materials and ballistics handout
– Course certification
Not Included: Ammo – billed per rounds shot, price list available on request
Firearms available to shoot:
12ga and 20ga shotguns
Revolvers in .357mag, .44mag, .454casull
Available: (may incur an additional cost):
- Holsters, magazine pouches & gun belts are available to borrow.
- Ammo – prices vary, most often charged by the rounds fired. Email for price info.
- Firearms – Handgun / shotgun
Rental Package Includes: Firearm, magazines / speed loaders, belt, holster, magazine pouch, and sling where applicable.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to order ammo or reserve equipment.
Course Cost: $150.00
Take both Bear Aware and Firearms for Bear and save! Both courses: $199