- This event has passed.
Firearms for Bear Defense – OPEN
August 4, 2019 @ 2:00 pm - 5:30 pm$145.00
Range Session – Firearms For Bear Defense
– Range safety and course outline
– State law and regulations regarding pepper and lead for defense
– Basic Ballistics – what makes a gun a “bear gun”
– Rifles and bear defense
– Overview of three common “bear guns” Shotgun, Revolver, Pistol
– Live fire demo
– Building a shooter’s platform that’s both effective and supportive to bear defense
– Holsters – overview, do and don’t
– Breakout session – shoot up to 6 common bear guns with both practice ammo and bear loads if desired
– Bear defense qualification course with the gun of your choice (three reps allowed per shooter)
Course Length: 3 hours
Included: Range fee, firearms for live fire training – shotgun and handgun, targets, eye and ear protection, course materials, ballistics handout, course certification.
Not Included: ammo – billed per rounds shot, price list available on request
Firearms available to shoot:
Remington / Mossberg / FN 12ga with slugs and buck shot, Springfield XDM in 10mm, Ruger and Smith & Wesson Revolvers in .38special, .357mag, .44 special / mag, .454 casull, and .460mag.