This course has been postponed amid concerns and local mandates regarding community health.
Check back soon for updates and rescheduled course dates!
Course Subjects Covered Include:
– Range safety, student expectation, and course outline
– Brief refresh on State law and regulations regarding pepper or lead for defense
– Basic Ballistics – what makes a gun a “bear gun”
– Rifles and bear defense
– Overview of three common “bear guns” Shotgun, Revolver, Pistol
– Building an effective shooter’s platform
– Holsters – overview, do’s and don’ts
– Shoot up to 6 common bear guns with both practice ammo and bear loads if desired
– Bear defense qualification course with the gun of your choice (three reps allowed per shooter)
Course Length: 4 hours
Included: Range fee, firearms for live fire training – shotgun and handgun, targets, eye and ear protection, course materials, ballistics handout, course certification.
Not Included: ammo – billed per rounds shot, price list available on request
Firearms available to shoot:
Remington / Mossberg / FN 12ga Shotguns with slugs and buck shot, Springfield XDM in 10mm, Ruger and Smith & Wesson Revolvers in .38special, .357mag, .44 special / mag, and .454 casull