Round out your bear awareness, confidence, and adventure readiness with this interactive, hands-on course!
is an encouraged precursor to this course but not a requirement.
This course covers:
– Range safety and course outline
– State law and regulations regarding pepper and lead for defense
– Basic Ballistics – what makes a gun a “bear gun”
– Rifles and bear defense
– Overview of three common “bear guns” Shotgun, Revolver, Pistol
– Building a shooter’s platform that’s both effective and supportive to bear defense
– Holsters – overview
– Breakout session – shoot up to 6 common bear guns with both practice ammo and bear loads if desired
– Bear defense qualification course with the gun of your choice (three reps allowed per shooter)
Shoot up to 6 common “Bear Guns” in different gauges/calibers and configurations.
Personal firearms are encouraged but not required.
Total Course Length: 4 hours
– Range fee
– Firearms for live fire training – shotgun and handgun,
– Interactive bear targets,
– Eye and ear protection,
– Course materials and ballistics handout
– Course certification
Not Included: Ammo – billed per rounds shot, price list available on request
Firearms available to shoot:
12ga and 20ga shotguns
Revolvers in .357mag, .44mag, .454casull
Available: (may incur an additional cost):
- Holsters, magazine pouches & gun belts are available to borrow.
- Ammo – prices vary, most often charged by the rounds fired. Email for price info.
- Firearms – Handgun / shotgun
Course Cost: $150.00
Take both Bear Aware and Firearms for Bear and save!