- This event has passed.
Intro To Long Range – Day 2
June 26 @ 10:00 am - 5:30 pm$375.00
This course promises a challenge, and a comprehensive approach to long range shooting. The goal of this course is to make hits at 1000 yards repeatable – our team gives you step by step process points on which to build your knowledge and abilities. We help you build the foundation of consistent accuracy at distance and make the math and mystery of long-range shooting approachable and fun for all! You won’t want to miss this opportunity to progress your skills as you gain confidence through competence with a bolt rifle!
Day 1 – 10:00am-4:30pm Birchwood Recreation and Shooting Park – A Range
Day 2 – 10am-5:30pm Upper Susitna Shooter’s Association – 1000yd Range
Total Course Length: 13 hours
Intermediate Level Bolt Rifle (doesn’t necessarily have to be from Accurate Advantage – contact us for details!)
– Centerfire bolt rifle – must be sighted in for 100 yards, no exceptions
– Scope / Optic – minimum power must be 3x or greater. 1″ main tubes may be limited to 600-800 yards depending on caliber
– Optic must be equipped with an external elevation turret that can be adjusted incrementally. Calibrated windage adjustment or hold lines beneficial, but not required for this course. MIL or MOA accepted
– Optic must also have a reticle with subtensions – lines or dots. Contact us with questions
– Rifle mounted bipod
– Shooter must know the muzzle velocity of the ammunition used for this class (lab radar check available prior to class – email for details)
– 160-200 rounds of ammo required (total for both days)
– Kestrel, or appropriate ballistics app
– Shooting mat (most shooting will be done from the prone position)
– Binos or spotting scope – available to borrow if needed
–Targets / backers, steel targets
– DOPE cards / Wind drift chart
– MOA / MIL increment computers
– Various shooting bags available to try
Available: (may incur an additional cost):
– Rental firearms – Bolt Rifle = $50.00 + ammo
– Binos or spotting scope and tripod – email to reserve
– Padded shooting mat – limited quantities available
– Ammo in some calibers available for purchase – contact us
Rental Package Includes: firearm, Leupold scoped optic, magazines, bipod, and shooting mat – ammo: charged in addition to rental fee per rounds fired.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to order or reserve equipment.
Course Cost: $375