- This event has passed.
Intro to Long Range Shooting – Day 1
June 26 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm$175
Accurate Advantage hosts John Childs from Northern Oregon to teach this dynamic course.
With over 32 years of optics and shooting industry experience, John is considered a subject expert and pulls from many years with Leupold and Stevens and Nightforce Optics as well as his own countless hours spent behind the reloading and shooting bench to bring you a comprehensive approach to long range shooting. The goal of this course is to make hits at 1000 yard repeatable, as John gives you step by step process points on which to build your knowledge and abilities. John introduces the tactics and skills needed for consistent accuracy at distance and makes the math and mystery of long range shooting approachable and fun for all. You won’t want to miss this opportunity to laugh, learn, and progress your skills as you gain confidence through competence with a bolt rifle!
Total Course Length: 12 hours
- Intermediate Level Bolt Rifle
– Centerfire bolt rifle – must be sighted in for 100 yards, no exceptions
– Scope / Optic – minimum power must be 3x or greater
– Optic must be equipped with a turret that can be adjusted incrementally for elevation. External turrets preferred. Calibrated windage adjustment or hold lines beneficial, but not required for this course. MIL or MOA accepted
– Shooter must know the muzzle velocity of the ammunition used for this class (lab radar check available prior to class – email for details)
– 200 rounds of ammo required (total for both days)
– Bipod or sandbag for front rifle rest
– Kestrel, or appropriate ballistics app
– Shooting mat (most shooting will be done from the prone position)
– Binos or spotting scope – available to borrow if needed
–Targets / backers, steel targets
– Pre calculated DOPE card / Wind drift chart
– MOA / MIL increment computers
– Various shooting bags available to try
Available: (may incur an additional cost):
– Rental firearms – Bolt Rifle -$50.00+ ammo
– Binos or spotting scope and tripod – email to reserve
– Padded shooting mat – limited quantities available, email to reserve
– Ammo in some calibers available for purchase! .223, .308, 6.5 Creedmoor, ask about additional calibers.
Rental Package Includes: firearm, Leupold scoped optic, magazines, bipod, and shooting mat – ammo: charged in addition to rental fee per rounds fired.
Email us at email@example.com to order or reserve equipment.
Just Day1: $175
Full Course: $350