Ladies Only B.O.W Bear Aware
May 3 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Becoming An Outdoors Woman (B.O.W.) hosts Accurate Advantage for this informative, info packed course.
Parameters and registration: https://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm?adfg=outdooreducation.bow Limited to 30 participants.
An engaging multi-media presentation is brought to you by knowledgeable instructors who have spent a lifetime in the backcountry gaining personal experience from (literally) hundreds of positive AND negative bear encounters. We bring you this class not as a book based curriculum but from experience. We want nothing more than for you to enjoy your next adventure SAFELY, and CONFIDENTLY!
– Intro to Alaska’s unique wild aspects – Life and recreation in bear country
– Bear biology – identification, habits, and instinct
– DVD presentation – bear behavior and situational response
– Situational awareness, preemptive planning
– Do’s and Don’t in bear country
– Pepper Spray – answering the question, “is it enough for bear defense”
– Live fire inert pepper spray – a comprehensive hands-on training opportunity
– Brief overview of firearms for bear defense
– Overview of state law and regulations regarding pepper and lead for defense
– Questions and Answers
Total Course Length: 3 hours
– Training packet
– Field identification tools
– Inert pepper spray canister for live fire practice
– Certificate of course completion
– Cost TBD
More info available soon at: https://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm?adfg=outdooreducation.bowschedule