Confidence through competence
Can’t Join Us In Person, But Still Want To Learn How To Stay Safe In Bear Country? Join Us Digitally!
Sit in from your phone or home computer for this acclaimed multi-media presentation brought to you by knowledgeable instructors who have spent a lifetime in the backcountry gaining personal experience from (literally) hundreds of positive AND negative bear encounters. We bring you this class not as a book based curriculum but from experience. We want nothing more than for you to enjoy your next adventure SAFELY, and CONFIDENTLY! AND from the comfort of your home or phone!
– Intro to Alaska’s unique wild aspects – Life and recreation in bear country
– Bear biology – identification, habits, and instinct
– DVD presentation – bear behavior and situational response
– Situational awareness, preemptive planning
– Do’s and Don’t in bear country
– Pepper Spray – answering the question, “is it enough for bear defense”
– Inert pepper spray – a comprehensive hands-on training opportunity
– Brief overview of firearms for bear defense
– Overview of state law and regulations regarding pepper and lead for defense
– Questions and Answers
When you register, make sure to add in the comments that you’d to join the digital Bear Aware – your instructor will have sign on instructions emailed prior to class start as well a downloadable course packet for you to follow along with class.
Exclusive bonus links and information will be emailed after the presentation for continued education!
We look forward to spending the evening with you!