- This event has passed.
Mid Range Practical Rifle – Day 2 – 2 Slots Left!
May 30, 2021 @ 11:00 am - 5:00 pm$180
This course seeks to equip you with practical bolt action rifle skills preparing you to place consistent, accurate shot groups at distances ranging from 100-600 yards. We utilize time proven technique and field proven wisdom to assure accurate performance at various yardages in a variety of compromised positions preparing the hunter, the target shooter, or the competitor for repetitive accuracy. Book just Saturday as a standalone course, or book both days for the full experience!
This course includes two shooting sessions: Day 1 will be held at Birchwood Shooting Park in Eagle River covering safety foundations, optic basics, platform technique, Optical Zero, sight In and velocity check, basic internal / external ballistics, bolt fundamentals, calibrating “hunting accuracy” for your rifle at 100-300 yards, fast acquisition pressure training, positional shooting and dry fire homework. From sight in, to the steel challenge finishing up our first day together, this course will challenge and encourage existing bolt rifle skills.
Day 2, held in Talkeetna at the Upper Susitna Shooter’s Association Range, will prepare you for practical accuracy out to 600 yards. (possibly to 1000 yards if you’re ready for it!) Reading wind, dialing yardage, estimating hold over, and sending consistent hits continues our training as accuracy improving drills at mixed ranges stretch existing skill. Positional shooting, reload drills, unknown yardage and heart rate challenges add the fun back in as we grow you to achieve consistent mid range accuracy.
Advanced electronic video tools help us view our hits in real time and redeem the time normally spent in target checking.
Practical accuracy is described in 1 MOA groups ranging from 100 yards-600 yards.
Total Course Length: 12 hours
- Basic Bolt Rifle (contact us for details, bolt rifle experience doesn’t necessarily have to be with Accurate Advantage).
Some of these items are available to rent/borrow; see below.
– Centerfire rifle – must be sighted in for 100 yards, no exceptions
– Scope / Optic – minimum power must be 3x or greater
– Optic must have a reticle with hold over lines or equivalent, or the optic must be equipped with a turret that can be adjusted incrementally for elevation. Calibrated windage adjustment or hold lines beneficial, but not required for this course. MIL or MOA accepted
– Shooter must know the muzzle velocity of the ammunition used for this class (lab radar velocity test available prior to class – email for details)
– 140 – 200 rounds of ammo required (total for both sessions)
– Bipod or sandbag for front rifle rest
– Snap cap for your rifle caliber
– Shooting mat (most shooting will be done from the prone position)
– Binos or spotting scope – available to borrow if needed
–Targets / backers, steel targets
– Pre calculated DOPE card / Wind drift chart
– MOA / MIL increment computers
– Shooting mat – limited quantities available to borrow, first ask, first use
– Binos or spotting scope – available to borrow
Available: (may incur an additional cost):
– Rental firearms – Bolt Rifle -$50.00+ammo (available in .223, 6.5 creedmoor, ask about additional calibers)
Rental Package Includes: firearm, Leupold optic, magazines, bipod, and shooting mat – ammo: charged in addition to rental fee per rounds fired.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to order or reserve equipment.
Just Day1: $145
Full Course: $325.00
Ammo in some calibers available for purchase! .223, .308, 6.5 Creedmoor, ask about additional calibers.