From the safety and comfort of your own home, join into this life changing course as we teach you physical and mental tools to multiply your force to effectively defend against violent crime.
At registration, you will be emailed a training packet, a platform link and password to join a private live session on your computer, phone, or tablet. Type us questions throughout the course and interact with a live instructor for a realistic classroom feel.
Be Smart – Be Ready – Be Safe – Learn how to identify threatening behaviors and be better prepared to safely escape dangerous situations. Knowing THAT you have options, knowing WHAT is available to you as a defense tool, and knowing HOW to effectively use the available tools will make you a better prepared defender of yourself and those you love.
The first portion of this course guides students through a comprehensive overview of pepper spray as a means of defense.
Learn the following:
- Ways to identify and avoid potentially dangerous situations
- How to discourage dangerous threats
- Protection at a safe distance
- How to use pepper spray effectively and responsibly
- Personal safety skills for smart living
The second portion of this course offers a comprehensive overview of additional defense tools and devices – a variety of options that allow you to multiply your own force for effective defense. Options in this section include striking devices, audio/visual impairment tools, stun guns and TASER, edged weapons, and martial arts. A brief overview of firearm defense is covered for those seeking to layer their defense options.
Following the recognition and avoidance techniques learned earlier in the class, students are guided through the following:
- What are these tools and how / why do they work?
- How to deploy, activate, and effectively use a variety of defense tools and devices
- How to defend in accordance with state law and socio-ethical boundaries
- Ways to avoid having your own defense tools used against you
Live fire demos of both pepper spray (inert) and stun guns or TASERs are shown, and student participation is encouraged as we coach you through learning and practicing verbal defense commands, physical defense techniques and solid defense platform.
If you have already chosen to live a protected lifestyle, layering your defense is crucial – in this course learn about additional defense layers available to you!
This class is for you! Scholarships available – email for details.
Total Course Length: 3 hoursRequired Equipment/Gear:
Some of these items are available to rent/borrow; see below.
- A quiet place where you can spend 3 life-changing hours
- A learner’s attitude
- Pen and paper to record notes and questions
A Training Packet including the following items will be emailed with your registration confirmation:
- Link and password to join a digital Alternative Defense course
- Presentation outline for your reference
- Resource List – links and tools mentioned throughout the course will be detailed in this list
Your Next Steps: Check the calendar for upcoming courses and then register and pay for your course. Courses are filled on a first-paid, first-serve basis.
Course Calendar » Register Now »
Questions? Contact Us Now