This course is also offered as Ladies Only
This two-part course will take you through every element you’ll find necessary when building a solid foundation of safety and function with a carbine rifle.
The classroom portion will cover parts, pieces, and basic rifle operation. Firearm take down, an overview of cleaning technique, and troubleshooting basics confirm the foundational understanding of how it works and why. Dray fire practice introduces accuracy aids, proper positional shooting, and competency in full platform operation.
Range day finds us understanding the sight in process, practicing multiple types of reloads, malfunction clearing, and basic accuracy from your respective point blank out to 50 yards. Positional shooting tests accuracy, while basic barricade work stretches new skills. The range portions is a fun filled mix of active shooting drills to lock in new-found skills.
This course benefits the first time carbine shooter as well as the experienced. Tips on Alaska state law, the use of carbines for home and personal defense, and the legality of hunting with a carbine are shared in appreciation of this multi-purpose platform.
Total Course Length: 8 hoursRequired Equipment/Gear:
Some of these items are available to rent/borrow; see below.
– Carbine rifle and at least 3/ 30rnd magazines (Rental firearms are available)
Lower capacity magazines: required round count on body is 90 rounds – plan accordingly
– A magazine pouch holding at least 1 magazine at belt level. (tactical or cargo style pants with pockets accommodating extra magazines are highly recommended)
– at least 300 rounds factory ammunition – no reloads please
– 2 point sling – call if otherwise equipped
– Open sights, red dot or low power optic – low power maximum 3 power (ie: 3-9×40, 1.5-4×20, etc)
– Snacks, water bottle, anything needed for several hours in classroom and on an outdoor range
– Eye and ear protection
– Knee pads
– Cleaning Kits
– Speed mag loader for AR magazines in .223 / 5.56
Available: (may incur an additional cost):
– Holsters, magazine pouches & gun belts are available to borrow
– Ammo – prices vary, most often charged by the rounds fired. Email for price info
– Rental firearms – Handgun ($15) AR Carbine / Bolt Rifle ($25)
Rental Package Includes: firearm, magazines / speed loaders, belt, holster, magazine pouch, and sling where applicable
Email us at email@example.com to order or reserve equipment.
Course Cost: $185.00
Your Next Steps: Check the calendar for upcoming courses and then register and pay for your course. Courses are filled on a first-paid, first-serve basis.
Course Calendar » Register Now »
Questions? Contact Us Now