Round out your bear awareness, confidence, and adventure readiness with this interactive, hands-on course, Firearms For Bear Defense. Bear Aware Part 1 is encouraged but not required.
This course covers:
– Range safety and course outline
– State law and regulations regarding pepper and lead for defense
– Basic Ballistics – what makes a gun a “bear gun”
– Rifles and bear defense
– Overview of three common “bear guns” Shotgun, Revolver, Pistol
– Live fire demo
– Building a shooter’s platform that’s both effective and supportive to bear defense
– Holsters – overview, do and don’t
– Breakout session – shoot up to 6 common bear guns with both practice ammo and bear loads if desired
– Bear defense qualification course with the gun of your choice (three reps allowed per shooter)
Total Course Length: 4 hoursRequired Equipment/Gear:
Some of these items are available to rent/borrow; see below.
Personal firearms are encouraged but not required.
Shoot up to 6 common “Bear Guns” in different calibers and configurations or train on a gun from your context.
If you’re bringing a gun of your own, don’t forget the sling, magazines, speed loaders, holsters, ammo, and any other associated accessories!
– Range fee
– Firearms for live fire training – shotgun and handgun,
– Interactive bear targets,
– Eye and ear protection,
– Course materials and ballistics handout
– Course certification
Not Included: Ammo – billed per rounds shot, price list available on request
Firearms available to shoot:
Remington / Mossberg / FN 12ga with slugs and buck shot, Springfield XDM in 10mm, Ruger and Smith & Wesson Revolvers in .38special, .357mag, .44 special / mag, .45 long colt, .454 casull, and .460mag.
Available: (may incur an additional cost):
- Holsters, magazine pouches & gun belts are available to borrow.
- Ammo – prices vary, most often charged by the rounds fired. Email for price info.
- Firearms – Handgun / shotgun (No Charge!) See available guns listed above
- Rental Package Includes: Firearm, magazines / speed loaders, belt, holster, magazine pouch, and sling where applicable.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to order or reserve equipment.
Course Cost: $145.00
Your Next Steps: Check the calendar for upcoming courses and then register and pay for your course. Courses are filled on a first-paid, first-serve basis.
Course Calendar » Register Now »
Questions? Contact Us Now