This two-part course challenges existing carbine and handgun skills in a combo course set to build your confidence and accuracy with the carbine platform. Why do you own a handgun? To fight your way to your rifle of course!
Classroom: Beginning with a refresh of carbine 101 technique and platform manipulation, we refresh typical and tactical load / reloads, minor / major malfunction clearing, and bi-lateral effectiveness. We’ll learn and test solid shooting positions and sling support while dry fire tunes your breathing and trigger control. Next we’ll introduce transitions from carbine to handgun utilizing SIRT laser training pistols for advanced dry fire practice with both carbine and handgun. A force on force training exercise (laser only) will further cement your situationally specific dedication to both the handgun and carbine platforms. Firearm assessment and a defensive maintenance overview will wrap up our time in classroom, getting us ready to hit the range! This physical course will challenge and inspire you!
Range: Solid foundations host mighty structures, therefore a systematic refresh of bilateral function, manipulation, and accuracy begins our range time together. Shooting will take place at targets from 3 yards to 50 yards. Branching into barricades, we utilize the positions refreshed in classroom to make effective hits on multiple threat scenario targets. Teamwork is next introduced as together you and a partner engage and counter close and mid-range targets in adrenaline inducing drills. Defensive decision making, pinpoint accuracy, teamwork, communication, resource management, and situational awareness are all stretched in this confidence building course.
Military please contact us for an additional discount – thank you for your service!
Total Course Length: 12 hoursPrerequisite Course(s):
- Basic Carbine 101
- Basic Handgun 101
Some of these items are available to rent/borrow; see below.
- Carbine Rifle (AK / AR / PCC) and at least 3/ 30rnd* magazines
Lower capacity magazines: required round count on body is 90 rounds – plan accordingly
- A magazine pouch holding at least 1 rifle mag at belt level. (cargo style pants with pockets accommodating extra mags are highly recommended)
- Handgun and at least 3 high capacity magazines – on body handgun round count is 45 – plan accordingly
- OWB hip holster and double mag pouch
- at least 300 rounds ammo RIFLE
- at least 250 round ammo HANDGUN
- 2 point sling – call if otherwise equipped
- Open sights, red dot or low power optic – low power maximum 3 power (ie: 3-9×40, 1.5-4×20, etc)
- Lunch, snacks, water bottle, anything needed for a full course – classroom and range
- Knee pads
- Shooting mat for prone work
- Spotting scope or binoculars for checking midrange hits
- Backup rifle, or at least BCG in case of failure
- Basic cleaning kit
- Targets/ backers
- Electronic Hearing Pro for better team coms (if needed)
- Knee pads
- Speed mag loader for AR magazines in .223 / 5.56
Available: (may incur an additional cost):
- Holsters, magazine pouches & gun belts are available to borrow
- Ammo – prices vary, most often charged by the rounds fired. Email for price info
- Rental firearms – Handgun ($15) AR Carbine / Bolt Rifle ($25)
Rental Package Includes: firearm, magazines / speed loaders, belt, holster, magazine pouch, and sling where applicable
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to order or reserve equipment.
Course Cost: $265.00
Your Next Steps: Check the calendar for upcoming courses and then register and pay for your course. Courses are filled on a first-paid, first-serve basis.
Course Calendar » Register Now »
Questions? Contact Us Now