This 2 hour intro to safety with firearms is energetic and packed with fun!
Youth 8 and older will learn a foundation of safety, operation of both the rifle and pistol platforms, and basic accuracy with both.
Activities will range from dry fire practice, to live fire drills, run down exercises, accuracy challenges, balloon popping competitions, safety demonstrations, and competency checks. Each student is walked through every element of shooting – safe gun handling, loading, reloading, unloading, basic firearm maintenance, and safe storage. We assist, but let each youth work through these elements on their own to give an overview of the total shooter responsibility from start to finish. Each youth will have been given a simple homework assignment prior to class and will receive prizes for correct answers given to pop up quizzes. There’s never a dull moment in this class!
Parental participation is encouraged but not required. Rimfire caliber firearms can be brought from home or youth sized rifles and pistols in rimfire calibers are provided for this course.
Each student can participate only with the signed consent of a parent or legal guardian. Scholarships and family discounts available!
The BEGINNING is the most vital part of a child’s firearm education; We are committed to helping build a solid foundation launching your child’s safe future.
Total Course Length: 2 hoursRequired Equipment/Gear:
Some of these items are available to rent/borrow; see below.
– Range appropriate clothing that can get dirty including: sturdy shoes for running, a brimmed hat, long pants instead of shorts, and a windproof / rainproof jacket
– Water bottle, snacks, anything needed for several hours on an outdoor range
– Firearms in rimfire calibers are welcomed! bring all available magazines and accessories
– 150 rounds of ammo
– Eye and ear protection
– Youth sized firearms – rifle and pistol with ammo
– Shooting mats, rests, etc
– Targets and backers, reactive targets
Course Cost: $95.00
Your Next Steps: Check the calendar for upcoming courses and then register and pay for your course. Courses are filled on a first-paid, first-serve basis.
Course Calendar » Register Now »
Questions? Contact Us Now